As you know I am doing a fitness plan on Results with Lucy. So that I get the best results I will also be altering my diet. I do tend to (try) eat as healthy as I can. My biggest downfall is sugar! If I have been running about all morning with everyday errands – between school runs, speech and ABA therapy my body starts to run low on energy and I begin to crave sugar. When I don’t have time for lunch I tend to grab chocolate biscuits or a chocolate bar with my coffee, shamelessly to keep me going till dinner.
Starting results with Lucy I knew altering my diet would be the hardest part for me. I knew I needed to change what I was snacking on through out the day. Results with Lucy offer all their customers an online recipe library to choose from plenty of healthy meals to help guide you.
Today on my snapchat I shared a picture of these delicious coconut monkey balls I made. It took me just 8 minutes to prepare, no baking needed just pop them into the fridge for 30 minutes. So quick and easy. Lots of you requested the recipe so here it is.
Ingredients ( makes between 12-15 balls)
- 300g Walnut pieces
- 150g sunflower seeds
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 10-12 dates diced
- 110g dark organic cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 2tbsp of water
- combine walnuts, seeds and coconut into a food processor
- Then add cocoa and vanilla water and process again into a paste. The consistency should hold together when squeezed.
- using your hands roll the mixture into the palm of your hands. Making 12 – 15 balls
- Roll the balls into coconut before placing in the fridge for 30 minutes to let them set.
These monkey balls are delicious and perfect to snack on through out the day. Let me know if you try this recipe out.
snapchat username – Bigbrowsmessyh1